Back to Main Page
Mass. COVID Stats, Maps and State House Reports
Important Update on Vaccine Information
March 31, 2021 - PDF
More VACCINE locations are opening on a daily basis. If you are currently eligible and need assistance registering to receive a vaccine, you can call the Holyoke Council on Aging at 413-322-5625.
Phase Two started Monday by allowing anyone 75 or older to get vaccinated. They will be followed by people 65 and older, people in low-income and affordable senior housing and those with two medical conditions that put them at increased risk for severe illness.
COVID testing at HCC in Holyoke
COVID testing extended through March 31 at Holyoke Community College
(Includes Soldiers Home testing)
June 11 - 5728 Holyoke residents have been confirmed positive by testing.
* May be error in reporting
Click here for Holyoke Stats from March 31 to now
- The walk-up COVID testing site is at the War Memorial, located at 310 Appleton Street. The lot at 323 Appleton Street may still be used as parking for the test site. Hours of operation will not change at this time.
- Testing will take place at the front doors to the War Memorial.
- Members of the public seeking a test will not be allowed to enter the building during testing hours.
- The line should start at the front door and wrap around on the Maple Street side of the building, if necessary.
- Testing hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2pm to 6pm. Testing will run until 6/30/21.
- The testing will remain at HCC, at Lot H, through 6/30/2021
- The test site will still be drive-through.
- The site will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 7am - 11am. Tuesday and Thursday 2pm -7pm.
- Turnaround time for results is typically 4 days or fewer.
- This test site is first come, first serve. There are no appointments. Please do not call the Health Department or Holyoke Community College to make an appointment.
- The test site at Holyoke Community College is a drive-through only test site. Please do not get out of your vehicle. Signage and Campus Police will be readily apparent to help you access the site easily.
- To help speed up the process, please have your information ready. They will ask for your full name, address (you must be a Massachusetts resident), phone number and email address.
- There is no cost for the testing. You do not need a referral, nor do you need to be symptomatic.
Current Soldiers Home News
May 25, 2021
Baker signs bond bill to reconstruct Soldiers' Home
PDF | Video
May 22, 2021
Investigator had �100 percent latitude� in Soldiers� Home report, Gov. Baker maintains
May 15, 2021
Legislative conference committee advances bill to build new Holyoke Soldiers� Home
April 30, 2021
Legislative discord over Holyoke Soldiers� Home bond bill pits House leadership against Senate
April 23, 2021
$600M bond bill for new Holyoke Soldiers� Home, more services for veterans statewide passes Mass. Senate
April 15, 2021
Massachusetts House unanimously passes $400 million bond bill for new Soldiers� Home
Also see [PDF]
April 8, 2021
$400 million bond bill for new Holyoke Soldiers� Home clears 2nd legislative committee [PDF]
April 1, 2021
Idaho veterans home administrator Rick Holloway is trustees� pick for Holyoke Soldiers� Home superintendent [PDF]
Soldiers Home and COVID News Archive
Information for Holyoke Businesses!
COVID-19 Business Resources for the Holyoke Community
Holyoke Chamber offers relief for small businesses hit by pandemic
COVID-19 Business Emergency Operations Grant Program [PDF]
Read the Complete Soldiers� Home Report (174 pg PDF)
Holyoke Soldiers Home, July 29:
101 veteran resident deaths, (76 positive tests, 20 negatives, 1 unknown, 4 recovered
1 veteran residents have tested positive
62 veteran residents have tested negative
82 veterans, previously positive, have recovered
0 staff tested positive
Of all residents:
- 117 residents are onsite
- 28 residents are offsite
- 25 residents are at a dedicated skilled nursing unit at Holyoke Medical Center
- 3 residents are receiving acute care offsite
Baker-Polito Administration Extends Non-Essential Business Closures and Executive Branch Employee Guidance -- March 31, 2020
June 6, 2020 Regulating Gatherings Throughout the Commonwealth
Surgeon Gen.- What Wearing Face Masks Really Accomplishes [P]
USA Maps and Statistics on the Coronavirus
Global Maps and Statistics on the Coronavirus
COVID-19 Response Reporting
Western Mass. cases by county
State House News Service Virus Tracker
July 2, 2020 Massachusetts data sheet [PDF]
Please Contact Linda with any questions: 413-210-6077
|State House Situation Updates - PDF files
June 19, 2020
June 17, 2020
June 12, 2020
June 10, 2020
June 4, 2020
June 2, 2020
June 1, 2020
May 29, 2020
May 27, 2020
May 26, 2020
May 22, 2020
May 20, 2020
May 19, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 11, 2020
May 8, 2020
May 6, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 4, 2020
May 3, 2020
May 2, 2020
May 1, 2020
April 30, 2020
April 29, 2020
April 28, 2020
April 27, 2020
April 22, 2020
April 21, 2020
April 20, 2020
April 15, 2020
April 14, 2020
April 13, 2020
April 12, 2020
April 11, 2020
April 9, 2020
April 8, 2020
April 7, 2020
April 6, 2020
April 5, 2020
April 3, 2020
April 2, 2020
March 31, 2020
Back to Main Page